This page is simply put together in order for you the guest or visitor to contribute your poem, prose, short-story, essay, memoir, whatever to Diasporic. You do not need to be a writer but you need to become aware of the general obligations of writing a piece of text. Obligations to other writers and society in general. If you feel you have something to say that does not contravene Diasporic Literature aims, send us your thoughts here. We cannot tell you enough about how to write riveting text, but we can publish it and provide you an avenue to share and learn from established writers.
Full writer members in Diasporic need to have a proven track record in literature, however an opportunity exists here for anybody’s thoughts.
How to Contribute?
This is the process involved –
- Send us a few details about yourself using our contact form
- We will then create an account for you with a Contributor access
- You can then submit your posts and we will review it and approve it, in case you fulfill the guidelines.
You may also send us your post with a brief about yourself to diasporic.literature(at)gmail.com. We will review your post and get back to you with the status. If the post is accepted, it will be published.
Guidelines for Posting –
We ensure that we maintain the quality of our posts and would expect all of our contributors to do the same. Hence we have chalked out a simple posting guideline –
- Post should be a minimum of 300 words in the case of prose.
- Posts should follow the pattern of an essay, i.e. it should be broken down into paragraphs with proper punctuations.
- In the case of a poem it should be at least 15 lines long.
- Only English, Greek and Spanish posts are accepted.
- Limit the number of links in your posts to only two.
- All posts submitted to Diasporic should be original works and should be unique. These posts will only be seen and used at Diasporic.org’s specific page to be announced soon.
Posts might require editing which will be done by us before we approve a post for publishing. We might make changes wherever necessary which could mean that we might delete parts that are not acceptable.
In case your posts are rejected you are free to use the post elsewhere.